http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 21:26:572022-06-07 17:25:25Cat Stretch Pose
- Assume Table Position.
- Raise the head and lower the spine to concave the middle back.
- Simultaneously lift the tailbone.
- Expand the abdomen, open the chest, fill the lungs and stretch the whole front body.
- Hold for a few seconds the lower the head and arch the back drawing the belly button towards the spine.
- Simultaneously tuck the tailbone under the hips.
- Contract the abdomen releasing all the oxygen.
- Practice 5-10 upwards and downwards movements.
- Inhale to raise the head, open the chest and expand the abdomen down.
- Exhale while lowering the head and rounding the spine up.
- Flexion of the spine, from top to bottom.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Swadhisthana chakra.
- Improves flexibility of the neck, shoulders and spine.
- Gently tones the female reproductive system.
- Keep the elbows, arms and knees vertical throughout the practice.