http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 08:43:362021-11-23 15:12:44Cobra pose
- Lie on the stomach with the legs straight and the feet together.
- Place the palms of the hands on the floor underneath the shoulders with the fingers pointing forward.
- Tuck the elbows in close to the body.
- Rest the forehead on the floor and close the eyes. Relax.
- Using the back muscles first, slowly raise the head, neck and then the shoulders from the floor.
- Keep the pubic bone on the floor and use the arm muscles to lift the torso upwards.
- Lengthen and stretch the spine into a backwards curve and direct the gaze up.
- Hold for as long as comfortable then slowly release by bending the elbows, lowering the navel, chest, shoulders and finally the forehead to the floor.
- Practice up to 10 rounds.
- Inhale while raising the torso.
- Breath normally in the final position.
- Exhale while lowering the torso.
- The stretch in the throat and abdomen.
- Smoothness and systematic arching of the spine.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Swadhisthana chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Neck conditions.
- Helps to remove backache.
- Alleviates constipation.
- Stimulates the digestive system.
- Activates the reproductive system.
- Engage the back muscles and use them to raise the head, neck and shoulders off the floor, then employ the arm muscles to raise the chest and torso.