http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 19:43:272022-05-09 11:39:07Double angle pose
- Stand with the feet shoulder width apart.
- Interlock the fingers of both hands behind the body with the arms straight.
- Arch the back slightly, pushing the buttocks behind a little.
- Bend forward from the hips until the back is horizontal and forms a right angle with the legs.
- Raise the arms behind the back as high as comfortable.
- Hold for up to 5 seconds then lower the arms to the back and slowly return to the upright position.
- Release the hands, rest the arms beside the body and consciously relax.
- Practice up to 10 rounds.
- Inhale interlock the hands behind the body.
- Exhale while bending forward.
- Inhale while raising the arms.
- Exhale while lowering the arms.
- Inhale while raising the torso.
- Exhale while releasing the arms to beside the body.
- On the stretch in the arms, shoulders and upper back.
- Keeping the back straight and parallel to the floor.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Anahata chakra.
- Strengthens the back and shoulder muscles.
- Opens and stretches the chest.
- Improves posture.
- The arms act as a lever and accentuate the stretch in the shoulders and the chest.
- Release the body all the way forward and extend the arms towards the floor.