http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 09:11:382021-05-27 15:27:30Easy bow pose
- Lie on the stomach with the arms beside the body, legs straight and the feet together.
- Bend the knees to bring the heels towards the buttocks.
- Stretch the arms behind the body and take a hold of the ankles.
- Rest the chin on the floor.
- Root the knees and thighs into the floor, tense the legs and push the feet backwards.
- Keeping the arms straight, raise the head and chest from the floor.
- Allow the lower back muscles to remain passive and use the strength of the legs to lift and open the chest.
- Hold for as long as comfortable then slowly release the legs and lower the chest and head to the floor.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.
- Inhale while taking a hold of the ankles.
- Retain the breath while raising the head and chest.
- Breathe deeply while holding the pose.
- Exhale to release the legs and lower the head and chest.
- The lower back, abdomen and heart.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Vishuddhi chakra.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
- Back conditions.
- Helps to relieve lower back pain.
- Tones the heart and lungs.
- Beneficial for respiratory disorders.
- Improves posture.
- Place a blanket under the hips for extra padding.
- Keep the knees and thighs in contact with the floor throughout the practice.