http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 21:12:432022-08-03 14:19:47Lion Pose
- Sit in Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Separate the knees about 45cm apart and keep the toes in contact with each other.
- Lean forward and place the palms of the hands on the floor between the knees, fingertips pointing towards the body.
- Straighten the arms.
- Arch the back slightly and lean the upper body’s weight on the hands.
- Lift the chin and place a comfortable amount of tension in the neck.
- Close the eyes and focus the inner gaze at the eyebrow centre to perform shambhavi mudra.
- Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Slow and rhythmical.
- The stability of the body.
- The extension in the spine.
- Ajna chakra.
- Knee problems.
- Blood flow from the legs is redirected to the abdomen stimulating the digestive system.
- Helps to remove piles.
- Strengthens the pelvic muscles.
- Useful in dilated veins of the testicles and hydrocele in men.
- Alleviates menstrual disorders, hernia and sciatica.
- Improves varicose veins and fluid retention in the legs.
- Lengthens the spinal cord.
- If there is discomfort in the wrists when having the fingertips towards the body, place a blanket under the wrists or rotate the hands so that the fingers face forward.
- Place a small cushion between the thighs and the calves to release pressure on the knees.
- A cushion can also be placed under the ankles for more comfort.