http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 09:06:562021-09-08 11:13:09Locust pose
- Lie on the stomach with the legs straight and the feet together.
- Place the hands either under or beside the body with the palms facing down or fingers interlocked.
- Rest the chin on the floor.
- Press down through the arms, engage the lower back muscles and raise the legs from the floor.
- Keep the legs together and actively lengthening.
- Hold for as long as comfortable then slowly lower.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.
- Inhale while raising the legs.
- Exhale to lower the legs.
- The lower back, abdomen and heart.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Swadhisthana chakra.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
- Back conditions.
- Helps to relieve backache.
- Alleviates constipation.
- Stimulates the digestive system.
- Activates the reproductive system.
- Place a blanket under the hips for extra padding.
- The breath can be retain in while raising the legs and holding the position then exhaled while lowering.