http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 09:00:462021-11-23 15:07:45Pulling rope
- Sit in the Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Keeping the eyes open, imagine a rope hanging in front of the body.
- Make gentle fists with the hands, straighten both arms resting them on the thighs.
- Raise right arm up towards the ceiling as though grasping the imaginary rope.
- Gaze up at the fist.
- Keep the elbow straight and slowly pull the right arm down, lowering the arm with power, as though lifting the weight of the body up the rope.
- Let the eyes follow the downward movement of the arm.
- When the hand reaches the thigh, raise the left arm and practice in the same way.
- Alternate the right and left arms for 5 to 10 times.
- Rest in Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Inhale while raising the arm.
- Exhale while lowering the arm.
- The movement and stretch of the upper back and shoulder muscles.
- Stimulation of the arm muscles and strength of the core.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Loosens the shoulder joints.
- Stretches the upper back muscles.
- Tones the chest muscles.