http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 11:32:412021-03-03 06:19:54Rocking & Rolling
- Lie in the PMA2 Base Position.
- Bend both knees and bring the thighs towards the chest.
- Interlock the fingers of both hands and clasp around the shins, just below the knees.
- Keep the head in line with the spine throughout the practice.
- Roll the body to the right and touch the side of the right arm to the floor.
- Using the abdominal muscles and support of the right arm, roll back to the centre.
- Then, roll the body to the left, and touch the side of the left arm to the floor.
- Using the abdominal muscles and support of the left arm, roll back to the centre.
- Continue to roll from side to side 5-10 times.
- Inhale in the centre.
- Exhale roll to the side.
- Begin in the starting position and rock the whole body backwards and forwards on the spine.
- As you increase momentum, when rocking forward come up onto the feet in a squatting position.
- On the backwards movement, extend the legs so that they come over the head.
- Practice 5-10 backward and forward movements.
- Inhale to roll backwards.
- Exhale to rock forwards.
- The coordination and smoothness of the movement.
- Synchronizing the movements with the breath.
- Serious back conditions.
- Neck conditions.
- Stage 1 - Use the core strength without using the arms to roll from side to side.
- Stage 2 - Extend the forwards movement all the way into a standing squat. Extend the backwards movement into plough pose.
- Massages the back, buttocks and hips.
- Increases heat in the body.
- Brings suppleness to the whole spinal column.
- Place a folded blanket underneath the spine for extra padding.
- When rocking back, keep the head forward and be careful of the neck at all times.