http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 10:52:512021-03-22 20:59:47Standing head between knees pose
Utthia Janu Sirshasana
- Stand with the feet shoulder width apart and arms beside the body.
- Keep the back and head aligned, bend forward from the hips and lower the abdomen toward the thighs.
- Wrap the arms around the outside of the legs and either clasp the hands behind the calves or interlock the fingers.
- Lower the head toward the knees.
- Keep the legs straight and use the arm muscles to gently pull the torso closer to the thighs.
- Hold the pose for as long as comfortable then release the arms, engage the abdominal muscles and mindfully raise the body upright.
- Practice up to 5 times.
- Exhale before folding forward.
- Retain the breath out while folding forward and holding the position.
- Inhale to release and return upright.
- Relaxation in the back and the thighs.
- The length of the spine.
- Synchronized breath with movement.
- Swadhisthana chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
- Cautions for inverted postures apply.
- Calms the mind.
- Stretches the spine and hamstrings.
- Stimulates the pancreas.
- Improves digestion.