http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 09:59:442022-02-23 17:04:36Auspicious Pose
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend the left knee and place the sole of the left foot against the inside of the right thigh, so there is minimal contact between the heel and the perineum.
- Bend the right knee and place the right foot in the space between the left thigh and calf muscle so that there is no contact between the heel and the pubis.
- Gently pull the toes of the left foot up into the space between the right calf and thigh.
- Rest the hands on the knees in chin or jnana mudra.
- Ensure the head, neck and back upright and straight.
- Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Natural and relaxed.
- Concentrate on the physical balance.
- Equalizing the weight between the right and left sides.
- Sacral infections.
- Knee problems.
- Varicose veins.
- Fluid retention in the legs
- Tired and aching leg muscles.
- Blood flow from the legs is redirected to the abdomen, stimulating the digestive system.
- Place a small cushion under the buttocks, to raise the hips, tilt the pelvis and lower the knees towards to the floor.
- Use whatever support is required to keep alignment of the spine with minimal effort.