http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 10:05:072020-04-15 19:38:53Corpse Pose
- Lie flat on the back.
- Place the arms beside the body, not quite touching, with the palms turned up.
- Separate the legs and allow the feet to fall naturally to the sides.
- Ensure that the head, neck and spine are in alignment.
- Close the eyes and lips and relax the whole body.
- Natural and relaxed.
- Consciously relax the body.
- The natural breath.
- Ajna chakra.
- Relaxes the whole psycho-physiological system.
- Offers mental and physical relief.
- Most effective after dynamic practices such as Surya Namaskara.
- Reduces headache, fatigue and insomnia.
- Helps to lower blood pressure.
- Keep the body still for the whole practice and consciously let go.
- If the neck is uncomfortable with the head resting on the floor, place a thin pillow underneath the head.
- If there is tenderness in the lower back, place a pillow under the knees to relieve pressure in the lower back.