http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 08:38:072022-02-23 16:54:46Crown-based pose
- Stand with the feet as wide apart as comfortable.
- Bend forward from the hips and place the hands on the floor in front of the feet.
- Press down through the palms to help lengthen the spine then lower the crown of the head to the floor.
- Raise the arms behind the back and either interlock the fingers or take hold of one wrist.
- Hold for as long as appropriate, then release by returning the hands to the floor, engaging the abdominal muscles and raising the torso upright.
- Practice up to 3 times.
- Exhale while bending forward.
- Breath naturally while holding the position.
- Inhale while returning to standing.
- The crown of the head in contact with the floor.
- Sahasrara chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
- Inflammations of the ear.
- Weak eye capillaries.
- Problems in the pituitary or thyroid glands.
- Weak spine or vertigo.
- Stimulates circulation.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
- Improves digestion.
- Therapeutic for those with low blood pressure.