http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 08:20:062021-08-31 18:59:05Half Camel Pose
- Sit in Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Stand up on the knees and separate the knees slightly apart so that they are in line with the hips.
- Keep the feet flat behind the knees.
- Stretch the arms out to the sides at shoulder height.
- Twist to the right and reach the right hand to hold the right heel.
- Simultaneously, stretch the left arm in front of the head so that the hand is at eyebrow level.
- Gaze towards the left hand.
- Push the hips forward and keep the thighs vertical.
- Hold for a few seconds then engage the core muscles and gracefully exit by reversing the movements.
- Lower the arms to the sides of the body and repeat to the left.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.
- Inhale while stretching the arms out to the sides.
- Exhale while twisting.
- Breathe naturally or retain the breath while holding the position.
- Inhale while bringing the arms back to shoulder level.
- Exhale to release arms to the sides.
- On the stretch in the back and neck.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Anahata or vishuddhi chakra.
- Knee problems.
- Back ailments.
- Neck problems.
- Enhances and improves the overall body posture.
- Beneficial for the digestive and reproductive systems.
- Alleviates constipation.
- Loosens up vertebrae and stimulates spinal nerves.
- Relieves backache.
- Regulates the thyroid gland.
- Strengthens the back and chest muscles.
- Helpful for Asthma.
- Place a small cushion under the knees for support.
- If the stretch is too intense with the feet flat on the floor, tuck the toes under and come onto the balls of the feet.
- Twist further by taking the hand to the opposite foot.