http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 09:46:092022-02-23 17:06:41Lotus
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Slowly and carefully bend one leg and place the foot on top of the opposite thigh.
- Have the sole of that foot facing upwards and the heel close to the pubic bone.
- Once comfortable, bend the other leg and place the foot on top of the opposite thigh.
- Rest the hands on the knees in chin or jnana mudra.
- Ensure the head, neck and back are aligned.
- Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Natural and relaxed.
- Physical balance.
- Equalizing the weight between the right and left sides.
- Knee problems.
- Relaxes the nervous system.
- Blood flow from the legs is redirected to the abdomen, stimulating the digestive system.
- This is a demanding asana on the knee and ankle joints. Do not practice until flexibility of the knees has been developed.
- Place a small cushion under the buttocks, to raise the hips, tilt the pelvis and lower the knees towards to the floor.
- Use whatever support is required to keep alignment of the spine with minimal effort.