http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 08:31:282021-07-09 06:22:05Sleeping Thunderbolt pose
- Sit in Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Slowly bend back, taking the support of the body onto the right elbow and arm and then the left.
- Lower the top of the head to the floor and arch the back.
- Once balanced in the position rest the hands on the thighs.
- Try to keep the knees in contact with the floor. If necessary, separate the knees.
- Ensure there is no strain.
- Close the eyes and relax the body.
- Remain in the position for as long as comfortable then engage the core muscles and gracefully exit, by reversing the movements and returning to Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Slow and deep.
- In the final position, rest on the back of the head, instead of on the top.
- Knee problems.
- Back ailments.
- Neck problems.
- Slipped disc.
- Sacral ailments.
- High or low blood pressure.
- Beneficial for the digestive and reproductive systems.
- Alleviates constipation.
- Stimulates spinal nerves.
- Regulates the thyroid gland.
- Stretches the chest encouraging more oxygen into the system.
- Helpful for Asthma, bronchitis and other lung ailments.
- Always release the pose by returning to Vajrasana. As straightening the legs first may dislocate the knee joints.
- Place a small cushion under the knees for support.
- Position pudding under the head and neck if required.