http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-09 19:47:362020-11-09 11:04:00Bow & Arrow Pose
- Stand with the feet shoulder width apart and the arms beside the body.
- Take a small step forward with the right leg.
- Make a fist with the right hand and raise the arm in front of the body slightly above eye level, inline with the right foot.
- Make a fist with the left hand and bring it behind the right fist.
- Imagine the hands are holding a bow and arrow.
- Direct the gaze beyond the right fist and visualize a target ahead.
- Slowly pull the left fist back to the left ear, tensing both arms as if drawing a bow.
- Allow the head to move slightly back with this motion, engaging the neck muscles.
- Keep the left elbow at shoulder height then release the imaginary arrow.
- Relax the neck and take the left fist back to the right fist.
- Practice up to 10 times on this side, then repeat on the other side.
- Inhale while drawing the hand back.
- Exhale while releasing and bringing the hand forward.
- The tension produced in the arms.
- The imaginary target.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Improves posture.
- Alleviates cervical spondylitis.
- Relieves shoulder or arm stiffness.
- Strengthens the deep muscles of the neck and shoulder blades.