http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-09 05:34:122020-10-16 11:33:57Eagle pose
- Stand with the feet together and the arms beside the body.
- Find a point in front of the body to fix the gaze.
- Bend both knees slightly and slowly transfer the weight onto the left leg.
- Raise the right leg and twist it around the left.
- Point the right toes toward the floor then hook the top of the foot behind the lower left calf.
- Stretch the arms straight forward, parallel to the floor, and cross the right arm above the left.
- Bend the elbows to raise the forearms vertical to the floor.
- Join the palms of the hands together, lift the elbows up, and stretch the fingers toward the ceiling.
- Hold the position for as long as comfortable.
- To release, lower the hands then the foot and redistribute the weight evenly.
- Repeat with the left leg, then practice up to 3 times on each side.
- Natural breath.
- The fixed point.
- Still and stable body.
- Mooladhara chakra.
- Improves the sense of balance.
- Strengthens the leg, ankle and foot muscles.
- Stretches the thighs, hips, shoulders and upper back.
- Develops concentration and focus.
- Calms and balances the mind.
- Instead of hooking the raised foot behind the standing-leg calf, press the big toe of the raised-leg foot against the floor to help maintain balance.
- Assume the final position as instructed, then exhale and lean the torso into a forward bend, pressing the forearms against the top-leg thigh. Hold for a few breaths, then come up with an inhalation.
- Challenge the balance by closing the eyes.