http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-09 20:39:152019-02-26 07:58:11Hip rotation
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend the right leg and position the right foot on the left thigh.
- Place the right hand on the right knee and the left hand under the right ankle.
- Using the muscles of the arm, rotate the right hip by making circular movements with the raised leg.
- Practice 10 times clockwise and 10 times anticlockwise.
- Repeat with the left leg.
- Inhale with the upward movement.
- Exhale with the downward movement.
- The sensations experienced in the hip joint.
- Drawing as large a circle as comfortable.
- The stability of the torso.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- To release the leg after completion of the asana, gently bring the knee to the chest before straightening the leg along the floor. This will help ensure that the knee joint is realigned.
- Point the index finger out and use it as a guide to perfect the circular movement.