http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-09 19:48:342020-08-23 17:06:52Spine & Back Pose
- Stand with the feet about shoulder width apart and have the toes turned slightly out to the sides.
- Place the fingers of both hands on the shoulders with the elbows pointing out to the sides.
- Twist the upper torso to the right as far as comfortable then return to centre.
- Twist the upper torso to the left as far as comfortable then return to centre.
- Practice up to 10 rounds.
- Inhale while raising the fingers to the shoulders.
- Exhale when twisting to the sides.
- Inhale when returning back to centre.
- Exhale while lowering the arms.
- Keeping the feet firmly planted to the floor.
- Twisting from the waist.
- The stretch of the abdomen and spinal muscles.
- Moving smoothly.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Back problems.
- Slipped disc.
- Strengthens the back muscles.
- Releases back stiffness.
- Stretches the spine
- Relieves mental and physical tension.
- After twisting to the side, bend from the hips to form a right angle keeping the legs straight. Ensure the head, neck and spine are aligned and the elbows level with the shoulders. Return to the upright position and twist back to centre. Repeat to the other side.