- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend the right knee and position the sole of the foot on the inside of the left thigh.
- Bend the left leg and place the foot on the floor in front of the left buttock.
- Raise the left foot and interlock the fingers underneath.
- Draw the left knee towards the abdomen.
- Keep the spine long and gradually straighten the leg to the ceiling.
- Hold the pose for as long as comfortable then release by bending the knee and lowering the foot to the floor.
- Practice up to 5 times with this leg and repeat up to 5 times with the other leg.
- Inhale to prepare.
- Retain the breath in while raising and holding the pose.
- Exhale to release and return the foot to the floor.
- Relaxation in the back and the thighs.
- The length of the spine.
- Synchronized breath with movement.
- Manipura chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Stretches the spine, shoulders and hamstrings.
- Stimulates the adrenals.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause and menstrual discomfort.